CAN I USE MY HEALTH FUND?
Yes, if you have physiotherapy extras cover . You can claim the rebate at your appointment by swiping your card through the HICAPS machine.
DO YOU CHARGE A FEE FOR LATE CANCELLATION OR NON ATTENDANCE.
Potentially. The clinic is very busy and has a waiting list. We offer an SMS or email reminder service which will remind you 24 hours ahead of your scheduled appointment time. If you are unable to attend, please call the clinic to provide 24 hours notice of your cancellation. We understand that work, family, illness may not give you 24 hours notice, but if repeated appointments are missed without due notice, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the billable rate.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT A TYPICAL PHYSIOTHERAPY APPOINTMENT?
No one appointment is ever the same as somebody else's. Each person's history, condition and needs are assessed on an individual basis. However, a typical session includes;
1. Discussion with your therapist about your injury/condition, the history associated with this and what your goals of physiotherapy are.
2. The physiotherapist will assess your injury by observing your posture, movement, strength and use clinical techniques to accurately diagnose the structure or at fault movement pattern
3. Provision of treatment, which may include hands on therapy, dry needling, taping, or soft tissue mobilisation relevant to your condition
4. Discussion of lifestyle factors which may have contributed to your injury. This can help in managing the condition and preventing recurrence.
5. Provision of exercises which aim to protect the healing structures, improve strength co-ordination or flexibility as indicated from the examination. 6. Discussion re goal setting and future treatment requirements as necessary.
6. Provision of exercises which aim to protect the healing structures, improve strength co-ordination or flexibility as indicated from the examination.